Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thank you to colleauges in Early Childhood Development

You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again.  ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762


I chose this quote because I truly believe that the most important part of childhood is play.  I knew , but it was emphasized again in this course how important play really is, especially for three to five year olds.  The play doesn't begin or end there, but play is of utmost importance during those years.  I appreciated the reminder how important play is for middle childhood as well.  Children are indeed busy during these years building relationships with other children and with adults.


I want to thank my fellow students for these past eight weeks.  I have gained so much insight by hearing you tell your stories and experiences.  I wish you all well as you continue your studies.  I hope that our paths will cross again as we journey through the next step in our learning and careers.

5 comments:

  1. Carol, I have enjoyed getting to know you and sharing. Thank you for being a part of this journey, and I hope we share other classes again soon.
    I love your play quote... for me, children play because... they are children and they can!!!!
    I wonder if you will be at the National Head Start Conference in Nashville?
    Thank you again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol... Awesome quote, and oh so true! Good luck with your next class. I've enjoyed learning with you, and hope to do more of it in future classes. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, I have truly enjoyed the last eight weeks. Thank you for sharing. I love your quote on play. I hear alot of educators try to down how important play is to a child's development, but like you I feel that it is a vital part of childhood. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol,
    Thanks for being such an important contributor to the class. I enjoyed your discussion posts and your blog. Hope we'll be in future classes together.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, thank you for your very informative blog and discussion posts. I feel like I have really learned alot from you and I thank you for the comments that you have made to my posts. It was really nice getting to know you and about your work during this course. I wish you well as you continue on this exciting journey and I hope our paths cross again! Delores

    ReplyDelete